WatchOS 6 Release: Developed by Apple, one of the leading brands in the world dealing with technology, Apple Watches along with its integration with iOS as well as different Apple technologies allow the feature to monitor the fitness as well as health of the user wearing the watch. Along with the fitness features, Apple smart watches are extended to receive calls as wells as texts with the help of its wireless connection with iPhone. Today, in this page, we will mainly be discussing about the upcoming WatchOS 6 that are due for release later this year in 2019.
What is Apple WatchOS & How Does it Evolve
Released in 2015, the first Apple watch was a revolutionary march forward in terms of technology. A lot of buzz was generated in the Apple community surrounding the reveal of the first Apple watch. Four generation of Apple watches have been revealed as well as released yearly. Along with release of the watches every year, Apple also provides an upgrade to the watchOS operating system which is used by the watch in order for it to function effectively.
Based on the operating system, iOS, as well as sharing its features, watchOS is the operating system designed and developed by Apple to be used in the smart watches. Various different versions of the operating system have been released alongside the watches which ensure a proper functioning of the watches.
The latest version of the watch operating system, watchOS 5, gradually changes and improves the overall performance of the watches. However, the development of the First Generation of the watches have been discontinued. Release of different version of the watchOS have increased the overall performance of the watches along with introducing new stock applications for the watches. The latest version of the watchOS namely watchOS 5 reportedly added various third-party features as well as the new workout as well as a new “Walkie-Talkie” feature.
Along with the start of the new year, various rumors are surrounded on the next version of the watch operating system. The next version of the operating system is supposedly going to be named as watchOS 6. According to rumours, during the WWDC event held in June, 2019 Apple would bring along with itself reveal of various new Apple products along with some exciting technologies. The event is also rumored to reveal the next version of the watch operating system as well as the next generation of watch.
Apple WatchOS 6 Release Date Pattern Analysis
Let us predict the release date of watchOS 6 based on the analysis of the release of previous versions of the operating system.
|watchOS version||Release Date|
|watchOS 1||April 24, 2015|
|watchOS 2||September 21, 2015|
|watchOS 3||September 13, 2016|
|watchOS 4||September 19, 2017|
|watchOS 5||September 17, 2018|
Based on the analysis of the above table, the introduction of the first Apple Watch along with its first operating system which led to further release on April 24, 2015. The second version of the watchOS was released on September 21, 2015. Similarly different versions of the operating system were released yearly similar to the iOS 13 release pattern which would allow to further predict the release of the next version of the operating system sometime around in Mid September. Along with the reveal taking place at WWDC event, the release would take place in September.
Apple WatchOS 6 Probable Features & Wishlist
Along with the prediction of the release date, various rumors regarding the features of the watchOS 6 are spreading around the community resulting in the buzz being generated in the Apple Community. The features such as multi-user competitions, always-on display, face-ID, sleep tracking along with the some new Apple watch apps are being considered to release along with the new version of the operating system.
- Always-on display : One of the most requested features demanded by the Apple watch users , along with the release of the release of watchOS, the always-on display would be effective. Lack of feature of always-on display was followed by Apple in order to ensure a longer battery life as well as providing a good performance. However, the users in the Apple community want the option for the display to always stay on to be put into effect along with the release of the new operating system namely, watchOS 6.
- Face ID : The feature of digital crown dials as well as Apple Pencil compatibility or getting a face ID on every device except iPhone is the dream of every Apple user. Hence, people want the introduction of the concept of Face ID in the latest version of the watches or the watch operating system. However, with the introduction of this feature in the 2018 iPad Pro Models turning out to be really buggy as well as technically harassing, it would be really difficult for the Face ID to be implemented in the new generation of Apple watches or the new Apple watch operating system.
- Sleep Tracking : The ability of the Apple Smart Watches to monitor the activities of the users is really fascinating. It monitors the performance as well as health of the user which in turn allows the user to take into consideration the fitness of the body. This is a really effective feature for health conscious people. However, watchOS needs to introduce the feature of sleep tracking which would allow the watch to judge when the user wakes up or when the user goes to sleep which would further contribute in maintaining health of the user.
- New Watch Apps : Third party apps growth is consistent in the community, however, the applications released by Apple are really effective in terms of performance. Various apps would be released by Apple which would generate a lot of buzz among the community
- Randomized Watch Faces : Best fun part about the Apple watches is the Randomized Toy Story animated watch faces which is really fun for the users. Hence, various different watch faces would be introduced along with the release of the new watchOS 6.
These features are all rumored to be true when considering the next watch operating system, watchOS 6 which is supposed to be released sometime around September, 2019.